About Nile Dialogue Platform (NDP)
Nile Dialogue Platform is a registered NGO, established in Uganda in 2011 with the aim of advancing social cohesion by connecting communities through dialogue. It does this by bringing people together through discussion forums, courses, capacity building, publications and outreach.
Nile Dialogue Platform is not a religious or ethnic organization. It aims to facilitate dialogue on a whole range of social issues, regardless of any particular faith or religion.
At Nile Dialogue Platform, we understand dialogue to consist of meaningful interaction and exchange between people of different groups who come together through various kinds of conversations or activities with a view to increased understanding.
Areas of Interest Covered
- Dialogue theories and practice
- Cohesion and multiculturalism
- Peace-building and conflict resolution
- Family, education and youth
- Media, culture and communication
- Theology and religious studies
- World cultures and societies